How do raft guides get paid?
However, most rafting guides get paid around $30 per trip from the tour organizer and they can do up to two trips per day. … So, when you think of how much does a white water rafting guide make, it is much like bartenders and waiters.
How do I become a white water rafting guide in Colorado?
New rafting guides must meet Colorado’s state whitewater rafting guiding standards before they’re allowed to guide trips commercially. The minimum Colorado standards include having 50 hours of certified training, First-Aid training certification, and CPR training certification.
How much does a Grand Canyon river guide make?
Normal pay for a river guide is about $30 per trip, and Bashore usually does two trips a day. He also gets tips, which vary from $2 to $100 and average $15 to $20 per trip.
How much do you tip a rafting guide?
Any tip is an awesome way…to show you had a great time, and there is not a hard and fast rule about how much to tip. An average tip for a half day trip is $3-$5 a person, a one day trip is $5-$7 a person, and a two day trip is usually $10-$15 a person.
How much do white water rafting guides get paid?
What Is The Average River Rafting Guide Salary? The average river rafting guide salary is $26,204 per year, or $12.6 per hour, in the United States. People on the lower end of that spectrum, the bottom 10% to be exact, make roughly $16,000 a year, while the top 10% makes $40,000.
How do I become a good raft guide?
Being a good guide takes more than just an great ability to navigate rivers.
- They are excellent story tellers. …
- They bring people together. …
- A genuine interest guests’ well-being. …
- They bring emotionally solidity. …
- They Possess High Levels of Empathy. …
- They have a very high level of patience. …
- They Really, Really Love Guiding.
How long does it take to become a white water rafting guide?
It’s not possible to become a “qualified raft guide” in 6 days or even 2 weeks. We believe it takes a minimum of 6 long days spent on and off the water for students to learn and get comfortable with the very basics. After that, it’s all about river time on the guide stick to get the confidence you need.
How do I get a job as a river guide?
6 Easy Steps to Land Your Dream Job as River Guide
- 1) Fall in Love. Find a river near you and dive in. …
- 2) Take a Guided Trip. Look up the guided outfitters on the river you love, and book a trip. …
- 3) Get in Shape. The rowing machine at the gym is your new best friend. …
- 4) Get Certified. …
- 5) Go to Guide School. …
- 6) Wear a Smile.
What does it take to be a white water rafting guide?
All River Guides Must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have current 1st Aid and CPR cards.
- Be physically fit.
- Be available to work a minimum of two summer seasons.
- Attend our annual training clinic and pre-train on every river.
- Live in Buena Vista, CO for the summer.
How much does a kayak guide make?
How much does a Kayak Tour Guide in United States make? The highest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $72,495 per year. The lowest salary for a Kayak Tour Guide in United States is $24,643 per year.
How much do river guides make in West Virginia?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $61,027 and as low as $13,826, the majority of River Guide salaries currently range between $20,501 (25th percentile) to $42,909 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $51,014 annually in West Virginia.