What region contains the oldest mountain range?
|The _____ region contains rugged mountains and fertile valleys.||Coastal Range|
|The _____ region contains old, eroded mountains (oldest mountain range in North America).||Appalachian Mountain|
Which physical region in the US has the oldest mountains in the US?
. . . Appalachian Mountains are the oldest mountain range in North America. Because the Appalachians are so old, the peaks have eroded and are low and rounded, not tall and pointy. The highest peaks are less than 7,000 ft. tali.
Where are the 10 highest mountains in the US?
The 10 Highest Mountain Ranges in the US & How to Explore Them
- (1) Alaska Range (Alaska)
- (2) Saint Elias Mountains (Alaska/Canada)
- (3) Wrangell Mountains (Alaska)
- (4) Sierra Nevada (California)
- (5) Sawatch Range (Colorado)
- (6) Cascade Range (Washington/Oregon/California)
- (7) Sangre de Cristo Range (Colorado)