Wisconsin is big on showing Christmas spirit with lots of holiday light displays. Madison is well-known for their Holiday Fantasy in Lights display, put on by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and The National Electrical Contractors Association in Olin Park. This is their 25th year!
Turn on your radio to 1610 for the soundtrack you can listen to while you are driving through the looking at the displays. Enjoy this slideshow of the displays.
Some of our favorites.
This rocking horse is one of the original displays, now 25 years old.
The Memory Tree
From the top of the hill where the tree is, you have a great view below of the park.
The memory tree looks brighter here because I took this picture in 2003, before LED lights were used.
They even give you a candy cane as you exit, thanking you for coming to see the displays. Donations gratefully accepted!
Happy Holidays and see you next year!
- Enchanted Village (collegecandidblog.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin Capitol gets Festivus pole for holidays (host.madison.com)
- Olin Park Holiday Fantasy in Lights show not just for evening viewing (host.madison.com
- Coming next year: Chandler Park light extravaganza (wiscnews.com)
- Holiday Fantasy in Lights
- Waunakee Area Rotary Club