Monroe Street is located near Camp Randall Stadium (Go Badgers!) and is a great walkable street with many local businesses. Here are some worth a visit.
A great place to relax with a cup of tea with friends, also have a light lunch or snack with your tea. They also sell loose tea too you can bring home as well.
A brand-new candle store with candle-making supplies and finished candles for sale. Also classes to learn how to make your own. Owner Lyschel Bersch will make your candle experience fun and personal. Stop on by, new scents are in development all the time. Did I hear you say “Chocolate candle?” This is a candle store with a cause, a portion of their proceeds goes towards saving the habitat of the Karner Blue Butterfly. Here is a video tour of the store.
Book classes online here anytime. Official Grand opening March 8, 2014
4. Pizza Brutta
Another great business on Monroe street, specializing in books for the mystery fan.
7. Trader Joes
Don’t forget Mallatt’s Pharmacy at the other end of the street for your costuming and prescription med needs. It closed on March 3, 2017.
These are just some of the great businesses on Monroe street. For a more relaxing shopping experience outside of the malls, this is your destination!
- Downtown Madison Celebrates Christmas (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- Week 6: How Surveys, Case Studies and Observations Led to Karner Blue Educational Center (jagwen13.wordpress.com)
- A Craft in the Life: Christmas Candles! (athompson1525.wordpress.com)
- Iggy Pup Surgery Fund Art Auction at Macha Tea Lounge and Gallery (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Christmas Candles (eternallyanchored.wordpress.com)
- Shop Monroe Street in Madison, WI
- Monroe Street Food Tour
- Visit Madison
- Love it & List It – Mickie’s Dairy Bar