Madison has a beautiful place filled with flowers for all to enjoy. Our trip last year to Mitchell Domes in Milwaukee was sure fun, but we like going here when we have a little less time. The first thing you see on Monona Drive as you arrive at Olbrich is the huge Bolz Conservatory, full of beautiful tropical plants. It’s a great escape when you are tired of winter weather.
Lets head outside and look at the garden, meticulously maintained by many volunteers. They always welcome new volunteers, the gardens are very large.
Strike up a conservation with the Topiary bears enjoying a beautiful day at a picnic bench.
A dedication to John M. Olin across from the bears.
The beautiful Rose Tower, overlooking the gardens below.
Another are is Serenity Garden, with bridge and waterfall.
The most distinguishing feature of this beautiful garden is the Thai Pavilion. It is the ONLY such structure in the US. That is pure gold, not gold paint.
For a respite from the hassles of life, find your peace at Olbrich any time of the year.
- Fiber Art at Olbrich Botanical Gardens (lisabinkley.typepad.com)
- When calling the dentist is more meaningful than just calling the dentist (sciencerefinery.com)
- OIlbrich Gardens a Spectacular Retreat in Madison’s Atwood Neighborhood (badgerchemist.wordpress.com)
- October 8, 2013 (beardedwonders.com)
- Working Lunch at Olbrich Gardens (uwwriters.wordpress.com)
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Donate to Olbrich