The holidays were in full swing in downtown Madison, and we wanted to be a part of it. Our first stop was the Monona Terrace for the Winter Farmers Market. Winter doesn’t stop Madison from having its weekly market, they just go inside 🙂
After getting a treat here we headed to the State Capitol for a Christmas concert by Sandy La Clair Musical Productions. They played all the holiday favorites and the kids attending even played instruments. This little girl was adorable playing the triangle.
The centerpiece of the show is the Christmas tree in the center of the Rotunda.
After the show we took a walk down State Street to have lunch at State Street Brats.
After lunch we were done for the day. During this time of year, a free trolley goes up and down State Street to make shopping easier.
We sure had a great day downtown celebrating the holiday season. Come join in the fun!
- More Madison (owonderfulwonderful.com)
- Christmas Tree (darkjade68.wordpress.com)
- Teacher to lead holiday light parade (wiscnews.com)
- Dane County Farmers’ Markets close this week (host.madison.com)
- Only Seventy-Seven Free Poems until Christmas! (christinepsstocke.com)
- Classical music: Free Hymn Sings by the Madison Symphony Orchestra are in Overture Hall on this Saturday and Dec. 1. (welltempered.wordpress.com)
- Alternate side parking rules start Thursday evening in Madison (nbc15.com)
- Wisconsin: Madison (alisnotlost.com)
- My Christmas in Music| She