10-20-01 & 8-9-10
Cave of the Mounds is a lot of fun, and open all year. You wouldn’t think Wisconsin and caves go together, but the unique geology of this state has many features you wouldn’t expect.
You start your tour in the main building. They begin on the hour and last about one hour. Some spaces on the tour are a little tight so poeople who are claustrophobic may be uncomfortable.
You start by seeing a short film detailing the history of the cave before a guide takes you through. Enjoy the film and then the tour below!
To protect the cave, lights are turned on as we go, they are not left on all the time. Dress warm, the temperature is a constant 50 degrees no matter when you go. See cave map here.
The lowest point in the cave is marked by a red light.
The famous Polly the Parrot stalagmite.
After the tour you can get a souvenir in the gift shop or explore the grounds and visitor center.
There is a hill outside with stairs and a garden with a large red barn in the background.
Have a great day at Cave of the Mounds. There is also a picnic area if you come during the warmer months.
- China cave so huge it has its own weather system.. (usahitman.com)
- Day 28 (travelinfam2013.wordpress.com)
- Revisiting the Most Famous Cave in Cagayan Valley on a Whim
- Minn. man’s cave collection is his hobby, passion (cnsnews.com)
- Where Does Your Water Go? (lostrivercave.wordpress.com)