Baraboo and Delavan are both cities with a strong heritage in the circus. Circus World Museum is one of many historic landmarks in Wisconsin that combines fun with learning for their visitors.
We were long overdue incoming here. Al never had been and over 20 years ago for me. We first stopped at a Little Free Library in town. It looks just like a circus wagon!
We arrived at 9:30. Today was a rare day with free admission, and the crowd was large. It was almost the end of the summer season. Only during the summer is there circus performances in the Hippodrome. The Carousel is a big attraction the kids love!
What a great show in the Hippodrome! The first one was at 11:00.
After the performance we had lunch, then went to the pavillon for the circus wagon tour. There were more wagons than I can show, but here are two of them. They have a REAL Wells Fargo wagon too.
We close with the Gavioli Band Organ from 1905.
There is so much to see and do here, we will be back again to see everything else later. Fun for all ages!
Related articles and websites
- Ringling Bros. Bell Wagon will leave Baraboo (nbc15.com)
- Circus World selects clown (a real one) as new leader (wiscnews.com)
- Attendance up 16 pct. at Wis. historical sites (nbc15.com)
- FAMILY CIRCUS: After 25 years, Ringmaster Dave Salutos is still guiding circus audiences through wonder and amazement (wiscnews.com)
- Act ‘just pulls things together’ at Circus World
- Kevin Sadrak, contortionist
- Susan Sheryll’s Royal Afghans
- Circus history comes to life (wiscnews.com)
- New circus leader brings fresh ideas (wiscnews.com)