It was a cold, snowy day in February, a great time to visit the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. We are not bikers, but we know people who are. What a fun place! We learned the history of the Harley through the many exhibits. They even played an important role in WWII. I never knew! There was even a chance to see the room where they restore bikes and store ones not currently on display.
The last area of the museum featured a large screen and cycles you could sit on and pretend to ride for a great photo-op.
The museum also has two restaurants on site. The Motor Bar and Restaurant, and a less expensive cafe also. We had lunch at the cafe, great food! Don’t forget the gift shop, lots of great items there too. It was a wonderful day. Even if you are not a Harley fan going in, you may be one going out!
- Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary (goodoldmodern.com)
- Wis. Marine receives surprise Harley at kickoff (kansascity.com)
- Couple weds at Harley-Davidson Museum during 110th celebration (hdhistory.com)
- Milwaukee Is Ready To Rock! (prnewswire.com)
- Why America? 1. Harley-Davidson (bellsrides.wordpress.com)
- Harley-Davidson Museum opens exhibit featuring lost photos (fox6now.com)
- Harley-Davidson unveils piglet (foxnews.com)